Experienced Car Crash Attorney in Claremont
If you have been involved in a car accident, you are likely feeling stressed and anxious about the future. Particularly when you have sustained serious injuries following your car accident, you can be uncertain what you need to do to protect your rights and your future. You may require medical treatments for weeks, months, or even years, and if you cannot work, you may be unable to pay your normal monthly expenses. Having a Claremont, CA car accident attorney by your side following a car accident can truly make a difference in the final outcome.
Attorney Scott Glovsky has built a firm that holds major corporations accountable when they put profits ahead of people. As a highly skilled trial lawyer on a mission to make a real difference in his clients’ lives, Scott fights to change the system so others will not suffer the same fate. We understand our clients are often fighting for their lives—financially and physically—following a Claremont car accident. Because of this, we often work on a contingency basis—you don’t pay us anything unless we win your case via a settlement or verdict.
When and Why Should an Individual Hire a Claremont Car Accident Attorney?
The “when” of hiring a Claremont car accident attorney is virtually always “immediately.” A car accident can leave you shaken up and confused. Having a strong legal professional from the Law Offices of Scott Glovsky can ensure the legal aspects of your car accident are taken care of while you have time to heal from your injuries and get your life back on track. The sooner you have an experienced Claremont car accident attorney in your corner, the more likely you are to have a better outcome.
As to why you should hire a Claremont car accident attorney, think of it like this. Not only can an experienced attorney guide you through the maze of information you must process following your car accident, but he can address the complexities associated with a car accident claim. Car accident attorneys consistently get more money for their clients—sometimes from two to three times as much as the insurance company would offer an unrepresented individual. Insurance companies have a goal of paying out the smallest amount possible to increase their bottom line.
Your car accident attorney from the Law Offices of Scott Glovsky is highly skilled in dealing with insurance companies and is concerned only with your bottom line. When your life turns from normal, everyday life to a life full of injuries, pain, an inability to work, and an inability to pay your medical bills or normal monthly expenses, Scott Glovsky fights injustice on your behalf. Your future can become much brighter once you turn over your claim to your Claremont car accident attorney at the Law Offices of Scott Glovsky.
What are the Most Common Factors in Claremont Car Accidents?
Although every accident is unique, there are certain factors associated with the majority of car accidents, including:
- Distracted driving has quickly moved up to the leading cause of car accidents. Far too many drivers in America multi-task while they are driving. Since a car accident can occur in a split second, this is never a good idea. Drivers talk and text on their cell phones, attempt to set, change, or read their GPS while driving, and eat entire meals while zooming down the freeway at 75 mph. We change radio stations and turn around to see what the children are doing in the back seat. We talk to passengers, watch what’s happening on the side of the road, and daydream as we go about our daily routine. Some drivers even read or apply makeup while driving to work. Any of these bad habits can lead to a car accident.
- Impaired driving is extremely dangerous, whether the driver is intoxicated or high on drugs. While impaired driving is not the primary cause of car accidents, it can be the deadliest. Even some prescription medications can be dangerous to use while driving and can be responsible for Claremont car accidents.
- Exceeding the speed limit is a major cause of car accidents. Some drivers simply like to drive faster than the speed limit allows, while others speed because they are late to work or late for an appointment. Either way, speeding can risk your life and the lives of other drivers and passengers.
- Reckless driving causes far too many car accidents. Reckless driving can include changing lanes carelessly, speeding well over the limit, failure to yield, and tailgating. Road rage can also lead to reckless or dangerous driving behaviors.
- Rain and other inclement weather can cause Claremont car accidents since your visibility can be significantly reduced, and the roads can become slippery.
- Failure to stop at a red light or stop sign. All too often, running a red light or stop sign is the result of distraction. Other times, the driver may be running late, or is trying to get somewhere quickly. No matter the reason, disobeying traffic laws is never a good idea and can result in a serious or fatal car accident.
- Night driving can also be a cause of car accidents simply because it’s much more difficult to see while driving at night. Drivers must be especially aware when they drive at night, utilizing high beams on deserted roads with no streetlights.
What are the Most Common Injuries Following a Claremont Car Accident?
A Claremont car accident can leave you with relatively minor injuries or injuries that can take a very long time to heal—or may never fully heal. Whiplash is a prevalent injury following a car accident, particularly when the driver is hit from the rear. The “snapping” motion the neck makes during a rear-end accident can cause soft tissue damage that can result in severe pain for a long time. Unfortunately, it is difficult to definitively prove soft tissue damage; therefore, whiplash has gotten a bad rap, even though it’s a serious injury.
Spinal cord accidents can result in paraplegia or quadriplegia—disabilities that last a lifetime. Other back and neck injuries are common following a car accident. Broken bones, burns, and internal injuries are also common following a car accident. When the knees hit the dash, the result can be broken kneecaps, requiring significant levels of medical intervention and physical therapy. Other car accident injuries include facial disfigurement and traumatic brain injury—another injury that can alter a life forever.
What Should You Do Following a Car Accident That is Not Your Fault?
If you’ve been involved in a Claremont car accident, there are several things you can do that will significantly help your attorney prove your claim later. Of course, before you do any of these things, you need to call 911 and have the police and an ambulance come to the scene of the accident. You will need the police report later to prove you were not the at-fault driver. Even if you think you are “fine,” it is important that you seek medical attention as quickly as possible. The adrenaline rush you get during a car accident often masks injuries until hours or days later. Once you have seen to your injuries, the following are also important:
- Exchange information with the other driver—contact information and insurance information. Whatever you do, never admit guilt, even if you think you might have been partially responsible. This extends to not saying “I’m sorry.” While you may be saying you’re sorry the accident occurred, your words could be misconstrued.
- If you are able, snap photos of the accident with your cell phone. Photos of the damage to the cars and the surrounding area can be helpful. Try to get a photo of the license plate of the car that hit you.
- As soon as you are home, contact your insurance company and give them the basic facts about the accident.
- Jot down information regarding the accident in a notebook. No detail is too small and could be more important than you think.
- Keep all medical expense receipts related to your accident and injuries.
- Finally, contact an experienced Claremont car accident attorney from the Law Offices of Scott Glovsky. We can take over the legal aspects of your car accident, giving you the time necessary to get your life back on track.
How Claremont Car Accident Attorney Scott Glovsky Can Help You
Hiring Scott Glovsky as your Claremont car accident attorney is a smart move. Scott’s background allows him to understand exactly how insurance companies think and act. In turn, this allows him to stay one step ahead of their strategies. The Law Offices of Scott Glovsky has a solid reputation and is well-respected. We take fewer cases to enable us to personally devote the necessary time and care to each client. Scott Glovsky gets to know his clients, their families, and the story behind their suffering. The Law Offices of Scott Glovsky is not an assembly-line law firm. We truly care about you and your future. Contact the Law Offices of Scott Glovsky today.