What makes me tick is what helps me win.
I am not a screamer, and I am not by nature an adversarial kind of guy. But when you spend your career going toe-to-toe with armies of ruthless corporate attorneys, you learn to go for the throat by being better prepared, better focused, and fully prepared to stand firmly on the fair and just side of every argument.
I know the corporate lawyers I go up against are juggling dozens of cases from angry customers their companies have let down because I started as a corporate attorney. I know the ins and outs of their arguments and I know how to exploit their weaknesses.
As founder and lead attorney of The Law Offices Of Scott Glovsky, I’m not just the face of the firm, I am the primary force behind the firm. I completed my undergraduate degree at the University of California, Berkeley, and earned my law degree at Cornell Law School.
Like most other attorneys, I went to law school with grand dreams of fighting the good fight for the right causes. Then I went to work at large corporate law firms where I was encouraged to defend corporate clients, right or wrong, good or bad on a mind-numbing treadmill that paid exceptionally well and delivered zero levels of personal fulfillment and self-respect.
That’s why you’re here, looking at my somewhat non-threatening picture and wondering if any successful attorney can really be this honest, yet tough enough to handle your case.
Maybe this will help you decide. Read my achievements tab for a few of the things I’ve accomplished while going up against the goliaths of the world.
- I’ve received the California Lawyer Magazine’s California Lawyer Attorney of the Year Award
- I’ve also received Consumer Attorneys of California’s Street Fighter of the Year Award.
- I am a faculty member at Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College where I teach lawyers from around the country how to successfully try cases.
- I wrote Fighting Health Insurance Denials: A Primer for Lawyers, which has become a training manual for lawyers and law firms.
- I’m the host of Trial Lawyer Talk, a long-running, educational podcast featuring in-depth personal interviews and sound advice from some of America’s best trial lawyers.
- I litigated Arce v. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan on behalf of over 45,000 autistic children. The lawsuit resulted in Kaiser stopping its systemic denials of speech therapy and applied behavioral analysis for autistic children and in a $9,290,000 settlement for class members and autism research.
- In 2018, I exposed Aetna’s review practices of medical directors not reviewing medical records before denying treatment through litigation that led to investigations into Aetna by the United States Senate and the states of California, Colorado, Washington, and Connecticut.
- In a court-approved class action settlement, I forced Kaiser to provide over 100,000 California members living with severe mental illness access to medically necessary residential treatment.
- I recovered roughly $25 million from Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of California based on their practice of misleading California members about the doctors within their networks.
- I appeared in the film SiCKO and in People Magazine, and my cases have been profiled on CNN and other major networks.
- I’ve been a designated Super Lawyer every year since 2006. Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
I am very proud of all of my past achievements, but right now you should only be thinking about what I can do for you. What makes me the right choice out of the hundreds of legal representation options at your fingertips.
This is one of the most important decisions you’ll make in your lifetime, so trust your instincts, and go with an experienced attorney who will treat you like a human being, instead of treating you like just another potential payday.
That will narrow your options. And that’s when I hope you’ll decide to come and talk with me about your case.